Monday, February 25, 2008
wrapping it up.
This week we are finalizing the content for Proximity. The inaugural issue has a Chicago-centric theme. We are focusing on networks, interviews with cultural figures, artist maps, as well and essays and features related to local projects, the art fairs and local projects. Proximity Designer, Michael Freimuth has sent us some mock-ups (above). We are getting pretty excited..
Proximity is a 140-160 page perfect bound magazine printed on 80 lb matte Mohawk paper. about half the publication will be printed in full color.
- Features about green architecture practices, experimental geographies and emerging art practices.
- Interviews with Stephanie Smith from the Smart Museum, Nato Thompson of Creative Time, Kavi Gupta and Christian Viveros-Faune of NEXT, and a dozen other curators, artists and collectors.
- An overview and guide to public/interventionist art art practices in Chicago by Albert Stabler
- Compelling columns about art practices and artworld typologies by Salem Collo-Julin and Brett Bloom, Caroline Picard, Renay Kerkman, the Art Fag, and others.
- A comprehensive directory of the most important art spaces and institutions in the region
- Profiles of artists and art spaces
- Beautiful spreads of artists' work